I got a CAT and bone scan today, along with a blood draw to check my PSA.
A lot has happened since my last post (ignoring the repost right before this post). It’s been seven weeks since my last Lupron shot. As is usually the case week seven is when Lupron’s effects subside. Now going off Lupron doesn’t seem as good an idea as it did when I was in the throes of its side effects.
I met with my GP and he suggested that for the really killer depressions, of which I typically get one per Lupron shot, that I take an Adderall to try to counteract it. So now I have that to try.
I also met with my oncologist. To sum it up, there are no good alternatives for Lupron for me. After talking over all my stomach problems, he wanted to do a CAT scan, The CAT scan, I believe, is mostly being done to rule out a stomach cancer met. He also wanted to do a bone scan to see how much further it’s spread and the usual PSA test. Those labs were all done today.
I asked him about Marinol (medical marijuana) and was surprised to find out that he can prescribe it. AFAIKnew it wasn’t prescribale in Texas. With luck it will help with the upset stomach, nausea, and depression.
With Adderall and Marinol I’m willing to try another Lupron shot, which is tentatively set for next Friday. That assumes we get no surprises back from all the tests today.To find out about that I wait until this coming Thursday…